- Monday 29 August, 2016Autumn Term 2016 5 September-21 December * Monday 5th Sept - Children return * Friday ...
- Friday 29 July, 2016Another great Barnardo´s Big Toddle and summer farewell picnic and sports day. The parents raised...
- Wednesday 20 July, 2016Please see attached our final newsletter for this school year. Good luck to all the children leav...
Welcome to St John's Nursery PlaygroupsSt John's Nursery Playgroup has been meeting at St John's Methodist Church since September 1965, offering high quality education and care for nearly 50 years. The playgroup is owned by St John's Methodist Church, Potters Bar and governed by the Playgroup Board who is accountable to the Church Council of St John's Methodist Church. The Playgroup Board is made up of church members plus the Manager and Leaders of both settings chaired by John Sloper.
In July 2016 we were judged Good by Ofsted. In 2013 we were accredited the prestigious Hertfordshire Quality Standards Award. This award recognises the high quality care and standards we provide throughout the setting. We work in close partnership with our sister playgroup based at Oakmere School, Potters Bar who also were judged Good by Ofsted in February 2015 as well as achieving the HQS accreditation in 2013.
You can find our latest Ofsted Report here.
As part of our continuing commitment to work at the highest levels, St John's Nursery Playgroups are members of several organisations and have signed up for organisations which further improve our quality and professionalism:
- St John's Nursery Playgroup has been a member of Preschool Learning Alliance (PSLA) for many years, having benefitted from their expertise relating to children in Early Years. They are able to provide up to date advice and have a workforce committed to making sure the voice of our youngest members of society are heard, mostly via early years leaders and owners.
- In addition to this Celia Mills is also a member of the Hertfordshire Executive committee of the PSLA. This means that we have a real influence over what happens locally and nationally affecting early years and any new legislation, research and news items are received as soon as they appear. We receive weekly updates.
- St John's has joined the Eat Better Start Better Project in Hertfordshire, as one of only very few preschool settings in Hertfordshire. This means we have to follow certain guidelines and have provided us with a focus to make sure our children eat healthily from what we provide and we give advice about what is healthy lunchbox content. The Eat Better project is mostly aimed at Nursery settings which provide a cooked meal for children, but we are pleased to be part of this project. It has given us access to delicious meal ideas for the whole family and advice on portion size for young children.
Our VisionThrough our vision to be recognised as providing an outstanding service to the community it serves, St John's Nursery Playgroup will, in partnership with parents and carers, enable all children to start their unique journeys as confident, independent and lifelong learners.
At St John's
- we provide high quality care and education through play experiences for children below statutory school age;
- We work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop;
- We add to the life and well-being of the local community; and
- We offer children and their parents a service which promotes equality and values diversity.
We hope you will find all the information you need to learn about St John's Nursery Playgroup at St John's Methodist Church on this site. You can find out more about St John's Nursery Playgroup at Oakmere School please click here.
Please go to our [ Parents' Information ] section for full details.
Registered Charity Number: 1130633