30 Hours Free
We are offering the 30 hours free childcare!
- Wednesday 19 June, 2019Please see the final newsletter for this term detailing the Summer picnic, GOSH fund raising even...
- Tuesday 21 May, 2019An opportunity to have a photo with all the children on Wednesday 5th June. See attached for deta...
- Tuesday 21 May, 2019Please see attached newsletter with everything you need to know about this years Carnival on 9th ...
Welcome to St John's Nursery PlaygroupsSt John's Nursery Playgroup has been meeting at St John's Methodist Church since September 1965, offering high quality education and care for nearly 50 years. The playgroup is owned by St John's Methodist Church, Potters Bar and governed by the Playgroup Board who is accountable to the Church Council of St John's Methodist Church. The Playgroup Board is made up of church members plus the Manager and Leaders of both settings chaired by Dr John Sloper. Since September 2016 the Playgroup has been officially recognised by Ofsted as being part of the St John's Methodist Church Charity and accordingly we have had to re-register with Ofsted as a 'new' setting with a new number (EY538418).
In July 2016 we were judged Good by Ofsted under our old Ofsted number of 130591. Please see that report by following this link. In September 2018 we were judged Good by Ofsted under our new registration number EY538418. See the report here.
We work in close partnership with our playgroup based at Oakmere School, Potters Bar who were judged Outstanding by Ofsted in December 2018.
As part of our continuing commitment to work at the highest levels, St John's Nursery Playgroups are members of several organisations and have signed up for organisations which further improve our quality and professionalism:
- St John's Nursery Playgroup has been a member of Early Years Alliance for many years, having benefitted from their expertise relating to children in Early Years. They are able to provide up to date advice and have a workforce committed to making sure the voice of our youngest members of society are heard, mostly via early years leaders and owners.
- St John's has joined the Eat Better Start Better Project in Hertfordshire, as one of only very few preschool settings in Hertfordshire. This means we have to follow certain guidelines and have provided us with a focus to make sure our children eat healthily from what we provide and we give advice about what is healthy lunchbox content. The Eat Better project is mostly aimed at Nursery settings which provide a cooked meal for children, but we are pleased to be part of this project. It has given us access to delicious meal ideas for the whole family and advice on portion size for young children.
Our VisionThrough our vision to be recognised as providing an outstanding service to the community it serves, St John's Nursery Playgroup will, in partnership with parents and carers, enable all children to start their unique journeys as confident, independent and lifelong learners.
At St John's
- we provide high quality care and education through play experiences for children below statutory school age;
- We work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop;
- We add to the life and well-being of the local community; and
- We offer children and their parents a service which promotes equality and values diversity.
We hope you will find all the information you need to learn about St John's Nursery Playgroup at St John's Methodist Church on this site. You can find out more about St John's Nursery Playgroup at Oakmere School please click here.
Please go to our [ Parents' Information ] section for full details.
Registered Charity Number: 1130633