30 Hours Free
We are offering the 30 hours free childcare!
- Tuesday 05 October, 2021Please see our Newsletter for the autumn. A couple of details have been updated since the origin...
- Tuesday 05 October, 2021Please see our invitation for parents to join our Harvest celebration
- Thursday 08 July, 2021Please see the invitation for our sports and party
Frequently Asked Questions
- When is the right age to register my child?
You are able to register your child at any age, we welcome visitors to come and have a look around, please phone to make an appointment. Once your child registers, their details are recorded in our system and we will contact you closer to the time when your child is due to start at the playgroup.
- How many sessions do you think my child should do when they first start?
We recommend your child to start with 2 sessions per week and build it up over the course of their time with the playgroup. We are open 9 sessions per week, 5 mornings and 4 afternoons (we are not open Friday afternoons). You are however not limited to 2 sessions to start with, if your child has been attending a playgroup elsewhere or they are a little older and you feel they would manage with more sessions, then this would be available to you as well, spaces permitting.
- What do you do to help my child settle in?
On the first days, you and your child will be visiting with other families new to the setting. This is when you will be introduced to your child's key worker. Thereafter, the key worker will work with you to decide on how to help settle your child into the playgroup.
- My child is rising 3 years of age. Are you registered to receive
Early Years Single Funding Formula?
Yes we are registered for Nursery Grant funding. Government funding is available for all children in the term after they are aged 3 years and above (ie by 31 December, 31 March or 31 August) for up to 15 hours per week at a Nursery or Playgroup. Children who are 2 years may be eligible to claim funded sessions if parents are receiving certain benefits- please speak to the Manager in confidence if you think you may be eligible. Please see our [ Fees Section ].
- How much and when are nursery fees payable?
For children under 3 years or those required to pay as they take up their funding elsewhere, please see our current fees on [ Fees Section ] to be paid termly/half termly /monthly or weekly in advance.
- How will I get to know about the progress my child is making?
At St John's we keep a Record of Achievement for each child. Your child's keyworker is also available to talk with you to discuss the progress of your child, ideally at the end of a session.
- How can I become involved in my child's early education?
At St John's we encourage and welcome all parents/carers to become actively involved in the setting once their child has settled and in a good routine. When parents and practitioners work together in early year's settings, the results have a positive impact on children's development and learning. You are welcome to come and help during the morning by playing with the children, or perhaps you have a skill which you would like to share with the children. See our [ "Working Together for your Children" ] section for further information.
- What sort of things will my child do during a normal session?
They will play and learn through their play alongside other children and with the assistance of their Key Worker. We post on our notice boards plans for the coming week, which show what our focus is for each week. See The Sessions section for an outline of the days routine. See our [ Curriculum ] section for more detailed information.
Registered Charity Number: 1130633