30 Hours Free
We are offering the 30 hours free childcare!
- Thursday 18 July, 2019Picnic today will be at St Johnís due to rain. Please bring you picnic and we will have it indoors
- Wednesday 19 June, 2019Please see the final newsletter for this term detailing the Summer picnic, GOSH fund raising even...
- Tuesday 21 May, 2019An opportunity to have a photo with all the children on Wednesday 5th June. See attached for deta...
Policies and AdmissionsThe policies have been developed by the Leadership team and are approved by the Playgroup Board. These policies are reviewed on a regular basis which helps us to make sure that they are enabling the playgroup to provide a quality service for its members and the local community.
Copies of the playgroup's policies are available to be viewed at the setting or can be purchased. We are regulated by Ofsted who may and do inspect at any time; this ensures we work to the highest standard at all times. A copy of our latest inspection report is available to view on the Ofsted.gov.uk website, and a copy is available in the setting.
Certain criteria are fulfilled by adhering to the regulations and policies which we follow. We take necessary steps to safeguard and promote welfare and health; we ensure indoor and outdoor spaces, toys and equipment are safe. We manage children's behaviour effectively and consistently and in a manner appropriate to each child's particular need. All staff and other persons who have unsupervised access to the children are checked by the new Disclosure and Barring Service.
Criteria for allocation of places in the event of over-subscriptionSt John's Nursery Playgroup admits children from the age of 2 years 6 months. We have three intakes a year, in September, January and April. In the event of the playgroup being over-subscribed we will admit children using the following criteria:
- Members of St John's Methodist Church
- Siblings previously attended
- Children over 2 years 9 month in the order that their names were written in our admissions book.
- Children over 2 years 6 months in the order that their names were written in our admissions book.
Registered Charity Number: 1130633