30 Hours Free
We are offering the 30 hours free childcare!
- Wednesday 19 June, 2019Please see the final newsletter for this term detailing the Summer picnic, GOSH fund raising even...
- Tuesday 21 May, 2019An opportunity to have a photo with all the children on Wednesday 5th June. See attached for deta...
- Tuesday 21 May, 2019Please see attached newsletter with everything you need to know about this years Carnival on 9th ...
Services OfferedThe services we offer are:
- The playgroup is open 38 weeks each year.
- We are open at similar times to local primary schools as well having our own inset dates for staff training and curriculum planning meetings.
- We provide care and education for young children between the ages of 2 years 6 months and 5 years (or when the child starts state nursery or school).
- We offer 15 hours free government funding for 2 year olds (if applicable), 15 hours free government funding for 3 and 4 year olds as well as the 30 hours free government funding. See our FEES section for full details.
- Our session times are:
- Morning Sessions: Monday to Friday 08.55-11.55
- Afternoon Sessions: Monday to Thursday 12.00-15.00
- All day: Monday to Thursday 8.55-15.00
- Lunch club 11.55-12.55 Monday to Thursday
- We follow the Early Year's Foundation Stage.
For details, see [ Curriculum ].
- Our playgroup works with at least the following minimum ratios:
- For 2 - 3 year old children the adult ratio is 4:1
- For 3 - 5 year old children the adult ratio is 8:1
As a member of St John's Nursery Playgroup, your child:
- is in a safe and stimulating environment;
- is helped to feel a valued member of the playgroup;
- is given generous care and attention because of our high ratio of adults to children;
- has the chance to join with other children and adults to develop their social skills and to live, play, work and learn together as a group;
- is provided with opportunities to learn through play, building on previous experiences, knowledge and interests;
- is supported in their learning and development by building on the foundations of what they know and can do and to promote the value for learning;
- has an allocated key worker who makes sure your child makes good progress;
- is in a playgroup which sees you as a partner in helping your child to learn and develop; and is in a playgroup in which parents help to shape the service it offers.
Registered Charity Number: 1130633